The World Languages Department seeks to promote a supportive environment which enables the student to attain sufficient learning in a language other than English in order to prepare the student for a productive role in our global community. The students in our classes will:
- Develop the skills necessary to listen, speak, read, and write in a language other than English to meet the communicative needs of an ever-changing world.
- Attain and demonstrate the ability to use more than one language in culturally authentic situations for personal and/or professional purposes.
- Develop cross-cultural understandings and an appreciation for cultural diversity.
- Develop the ability to examine and think about situations and problems from different perspectives.
- Develop the critical thinking skills and creative habits essential to the learning process.
- Develop the skills, through individual and cooperative efforts, needed to work with a diverse population.
- Develop lifelong language skills and demonstrate the ability to apply them to their own language and to the study of additional languages.
- Develop the technological skills necessary to access information which will enhance their linguistic and cultural awareness of the language which they study
- Adam Chacon
- Nitzia Gale
- Mora Newton