Skip To Main Content
Tips for Freshmen
Things to do
- Now that you're in ninth grade, it's time to get serious about your post-secondary plans.
- Don't neglect your study habits!
- Add to or open a college savings account
- Talk to your school counselors, teachers, family members or trusted adults about your plans for college.
- Keep track of your courses and grades.
- Find out about college entrance requirements for the schools you're interested in.
- Create a file of the following documents and notes: report cards, lists of awards and honors, school and community activities, and volunteer work.
- Find out about AP and other honors-level courses.
- Continue to get involved in campus and community activities.