Tips for Juniors
Things to do
- Maintaining your grades during your junior year is important!
- Make sure you're challenging yourself academically.
- Now is the time to really focus your career and college research.
- As you research education and career options, share your discoveries with your family.
- If your schedule permits, stay involved in school and community activities.
- Talk to your school counselor.
- Keep an eye out for college nights at any schools in your area you may want to attend.
- Narrow your list of colleges to include a few colleges with requirements at your current GPA, a few with requirements above your current GPA, and at least one with requirements below your GPA.
- If possible, schedule tours of the school grounds on the same days.
- Register for the March SAT or the April ACT, or both.
- Add any new report cards, test scores, honors or awards from the year to your file.