Tips for Sophomores
Things to do
- Keep those grades up!
- Talk to your parents about financial aid options.
- Continue your conversations with your guidance counselors, teachers, family members or trusted adults about your plans for college or other paths toward a career.
- Find out about AP and other honors-level courses for junior year.
- Continue extracurricular activities.
- If you have room in your schedule, consider a part-time job or volunteer position.
- Look into participating in academic enrichment programs, summer workshops and camps with specialty focuses – such as music, arts and sciences.
- It's not too early to start studying for standardized tests like the ACT and SAT.
- Investigate your options for participating in concurrent enrollment next year.
- Start thinking about what factors are important to you in choosing a college.