Information about the classroom portion of Driver’s Education
NEW ONLINE DRIVER'S EDUCATION COURSE: The NC Driving School will be hosting a 10-day virtual Zoom class from May 3rd through May 14th. The class will meet from Monday through Friday from 6:30-9:30 p.m. each day. Students must be present on camera for each day of the entire session. There are 28 spots available for each class.
- Registration for the class will be held at FFHS from Tuesday, April 20th, through Wednesday, April 27th, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The following birthdates are eligible for registration: November 2006 and older. The students will be selected by age (oldest first). Please be aware that we have over 300 students who are eligible for Driver's Ed this year and we are trying our best to provide the students with this opportunity. There MIGHT be classes in June and July, but dates and times are unknown at this time.
- Laura Warren with NC Driving School will send out a Zoom invitation to those who are registered the day of the class. Please check your school email and spam email for the invitation. If the invitation has not been sent to you, please contact Warren at the NC Driving School at 252-321-6700.
- To register, print and fill out the Restricted Instruction Permit Form (linked below) in BLACK INK and make sure both the student and the parent have signed the form. Bring the signed form and $65 cash or check (made out to FFHS) on the day of registration. Please make sure to include your phone number on the check.
- The day of registration, enter through the handicapped door at the main entrance with a mask on and deliver your paperwork and payment through the office window slot. Enter one at a time and then exit through the same door. DO NOT ENTER THE MAIN PART OF THE BUILDING. Please follow Covid guidelines and remain 6-feet apart while waiting in line.
- NC Driving School is solely responsible for scheduling the driving portion of the course. If you have any questions, you may call Driving Instructor Jackie Scruggs at 252-548-2221.
Please call the main office at 252-449-7000 or email mckennaei@daretolearn.
Restricted Instruction Permit Form (updated December 2019)
Classroom instruction will be a minimum of 30 hours. All scheduled classes must be attended. No tardiness or early
dismissals will be allowed. The school building doors are locked for security. To pass the classroom portion, students must score 70% or higher on the exit exam and have attended all scheduled classes. Failure to pass the classroom portion prohibits the student from receiving behind-the-wheel instruction.
Absolutely no misconduct or horseplay will be tolerated. Instructors have the right to dismiss a student from class on
any day of the classroom instruction. Adult behavior is required. Students who cannot follow directions in class will not
be able to follow directions in the car. Students that are dismissed from the driver education class due to behavior or attendance issues will not be eligible to re-enroll until the following school year.
Absolutely no tobacco or alcohol products allowed during class or on school campus, before class or after class. This will
result in immediate dismissal from class. Cell phones should NOT be seen or heard during class. 1st occurrence, the phone will be taken and given back at the end of class; 2nd occurrence, the student will be dismissed from class.
Students must stay in designated areas indicated by the instructor at all times. Please remember we are GUESTS; there
is to be NO roaming of the hallways. Students located in areas not designated by the instructor will be dismissed.
Students are not dismissed from class until the instructor dismisses the class. Transportation home must be available within 15 minutes after the dismissal of class. No loitering on campus.
Participating in a driver education course is a privilege, NOT a right. Driving is a legal privilege and responsibility.