Information about the classroom portion of Driver’s Education
The NC Driving School will offer the first of eight Driver's Education classes at FFHS starting Sept. 30. After students successfully complete the classroom portion of Driver's Ed, they partner with the NC Driving School for behind-the-wheel training sessions. Remember that students must attend EVERY day of the classroom session or they will not pass.
Students can register for the Sept. 30 class starting MONDAY, SEPT. 16, at 7:30 a.m. in the COUNSELING CENTER. Date of birth range for this class will be from 10/13/2001 to 12/28/2004. The class will close when it reaches 40 students. Students must turn in the Restricted Instruction Permit form (filled out in BLACK INK; NCDS will not accept forms not done in black ink) and the $65 non-refundable fee. You may bring cash or check made out to FFHS (make sure your phone number is on the check). If you do not have access to a printer, there are copies of the form available in the counseling center.
NC Driving School is solely responsible for scheduling the driving portion of the course. Any questions regarding the driving portion, please call 800-375-6550.
Dates and times for future FFHS classroom sessions are as follows:
- September 30 to October 16 (no class on Fridays), 3:20-6:20 p.m.
- October 26 to November 23 (five Saturdays), 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- December 2 to December 18 (no class on Fridays), 3:20-6:20 p.m.
- February 3 to February 20 (no class on Fridays), 3:20-6:20 p.m.
- March 7 to April 4 (five Saturdays), 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- April 27 to May 13 (no class on Fridays), 3:20-6:20 p.m.
- June 15 to June 25 (no class on Fridays), 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- July 20 to July 30 (no class on Fridays), 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.